- This event has passed.
Upcoming Event in New Jersey: Chain-In 2016
July 26, 2016 @ 4:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Unchained At Last is holding an event to rally supporters, survivors and activists around the issues of child and forced marriage in New Jersey and across the United States. Come to the Chain-In and join Tahirih Justice Center’s Forced Marriage Initiative and others who will stand outside Newark Penn Station wearing bridal gowns and veils, with arms chained and mouths taped, to send a powerful message to legislators: Pass A3091, the bill to end child marriage in New Jersey. During the protest several speakers, including Tahirih’s Jeanne Smoot and Unchained at Last’s Fraidy Reiss, will address the audience on the subject of child marriage and forced marriage.
- Amanda Parker, AHA Foundation
- Fraidy Reiss, Unchained At Last
- Helena Minchew, Girls Not Brides USA
- Jeanne Smoot, Tahirih Justice Center
- Naila Amin, activist and survivor of forced child marriage
- Rev. Sue Gillespie, Trinity Covenant Church (Livingston, NJ)
For more information on the event see here.